Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 2 - Your Ex Boyfriend (30 days of me)

Well I have to admit that I have had my fair share of these! LOL Most of them not very serious and some of them sure were Fun!

I guess when I really think about an ex boyfriend though I do think of my most "serious" relationship before my husband and that was with Andy. (funny enough that today is his birthday as I'm writing this) Andy really was a great guy but we were young and dumb to say the least.  For a long time I really did think that we were in it for the long haul until things ended, which I have to be honest that I don't really remember exactly how they ended??  My poor brain has been fried so many times over that I can't remember a lot of things about growing up, I'm too old! 

It was just not too long ago that I was sitting at work in training and my phone said I had a friend request on Facebook and sure enough it was Andy.  I didn't know how to react?  Should I accept or not?  I talked to Shane about it that evening when I got home and of course he didn't care either way (not as if I was asking for approval but I felt it was a respect thing to let him know that I might accept the request.)  In the end I did accept because there shouldn't be any reason not to, I'm an adult, married for almost 10 years and Andy was a part of my past that I don't regret (I don't regret any of past actually) and I have wondered many times what happened to him!  So he sends me a message and we get to "chatting" back and forth via the messages on facebook.  He is married with step-kids and seems very happy.  He is sober and doing really well.  I was very happy to hear this and I am very happy for him!  I have to admit though that it was strange to "talk" to him again after so many years.  He really was the first guy I was IN love with and I wish him all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment