Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 1 (of 30 Days of Me)

Day 1 is supposed to be about my best friend!  This is a hard question to answer because I honestly have three best friends that I wouldn't trade for anything!

My Husband!  He really is my best friend and I know he would be very surprised to know this but I do put him before all the others!! LOL  It's been a "thing" for many years that we've been together that I put my friends first because they are always there for me no matter what but honestly my husband has been there for me through it all for the last 10+ years!  We have known each other for 11 years and we were friends before we were lovers!  We've been through a lot in the past 11 years and I know I can always count on him to be there for me!

Brooke!  WOW, what can I say about Brooke.  She's everything I need in a friend!  She is real and will always tell me how it is no matter what.  It could be something that is going to hurt my feelings but if I need to hear it, she'll tell me!  Even though we have literally only seen each other 1 time since 2006 it doesn't matter, we are still the best of friends!  That one time we did finally see each other again, it was as if nothing had ever changed even though A LOT had changed in those years!  We both lived in OCONUS locations but still found time with the crazy time difference to talk at least once a month if not more!  I wish we could be closer together and even though I would have never wanted to live in TX I would move there in a heart beat if I had a job just so that I could be closer to Brooke!

Brandi!  She is my daughter's Godmother so we know that she is VERY important to me!  I think that without Brandi I wouldn't be the mother or the Army wife I am today! (Granted we are retired Army now)  She thought me a lot about how I WANT to be.  What kind of mother and wife (read homemaker as well) I want to be and I feel that she gave me a lot of strength in the first few years of being an Army wife and mother!   She is also my spiritual friend who helped me get back into the church and I can't ever thank her enough for that! I too would never have seen myself choose to live anywhere in LA but if I found a job, I would go in a heartbeat just to live closer to Brandi again!

Well as I said, I can't choose just one, all three are my best friends for different reasons and I will NEVER give them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment