Monday, July 12, 2010

My Last 24 Hours

WOW, Where do I even start! LOL On Saturday night I needed to go to bed at a decent time since my flight was at 0600 on Sunday morning to bring me to Detroit and then onto San Antonio! Well I couldn't get to sleep for nuttin and once I did, Paxton then fell out of bed and busted her mouth! UGH! She really knocked her tooth around and was bleeding and hurting! My poor baby! She went back to sleep and I finally did was well because the 0415 phone call from hubby came way too fast! Was up and ready to go to the airport! Get everything done and go sit at the gate to be told we are delayed with Fog. Okay, no biggie, I'm a through flight and don't even have to change planes, as I knew from online and also the ticketings agents telling me this. Well we finally get on the plane and leave an hour and a half late! Everyone was calling Delta and such getting plans made, I didn't need to as I was just staying put, right? WRONG! After I'm on the plane and been asked to move my seat (which I was fine with since I moved to an exit row!) that this plane was going to Oklahoma City?? WTF?? Okay I'll figure it out when I get there. I took a quick nap, it was a quick flight! When we got in we were told that there would be someone at the desk to assist us. I go to the person and explain that I was supposed to be going to TX and that I wasn't even supposed to move planes but that this plane was now going to OK, I was told VERY RUDELY that I needed to go use the scanner at another gate and get another ticket. I tried VERY NICE AND CALM to explain again, that I wasn't supposed to have a connection and so forth. Again, I was told, I can't help you, you MUST go blah blah blah!! Fine, so I go from there to the scanner which tells me to call. So I go to the help phones and call and what do they say, Why did you get off the plane? You are supposed to be on the plane? Our computer shows you are on the plane?! WTF? I explained that, that plane was not going to TX it was going to OK and those on the phone were very confused! So he does some "digging" and comes back and says, you can still make your connection, it's at gate XX! OMFG The gate RIGHT NEXT to the one that I was just at where the very rude lady wouldn't assist me! So I run back over there to be told that even though the plane was still sitting there, I couldn't get on :( You have got to be kidding me! I am FURIOUS!!! So back to the help phones I go and they get me on Stand By for a 1250 flight (mind you it's like 9 am!) or they can confirm me for a 7pm flight! Oh HELL NO! I truck it across the whole airport to the gate that the 1250 is leaving from to see what I can do. The lady there (who was okay, not nice nice but not totally rude) says she can help me in about an hour after the flight she has up is gone or I can go back from where I came somewhat to another gate that does assistance! Okay, walk away we go! I go to the help desk and explain to them. They get me confirmed for the 1250 flight! THANK GOODNESS! I make all my phone calls and emails and go get some food! We board the flight and go on our way! Flight wasn't so good :( Felt like getting sick a few times! LOL Finally landed and I got one of the best HUGS of my life!!! BROOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got my bag and off we went! After getting all checked into the hotel and of course not shutting up the whole time, we went for a walk down the riverwalk! Ended up at a little Italian place and had dinner. Walked down some more and stopped at a bar and sat outside for a drink! Finished our walk down the river and then found Ice Cream!! We stopped and got some to eat on the rest of the walk "home". When we got back to the hotel we went to the hottub for a while and then back to the room to chill and have a few drinks! A few beers, A LOT of Conversation and Laughter later we crashed for the night!! Got up way to early this morning and got ready and she had to head on home to her children and I am waiting to eat my breakfast and start my Wonderful week of training!! YAY!!

1 comment:

  1. Dang, stories like that make me not ever want to fly! :( I'm glad you ended the trip on a good note, though...good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete