Sunday, August 15, 2010

Empire State Being

First I just have a short story before I talk about our trip into NYC. Since when I did become a total Klutz? Since I moved to New York is the answer!! OMFG I have falled down and injured myself THREE times since I lived here! I can't remember that last time I fell down before now! What is the deal? First I fell outside the airport and busted up my ankle (which btw is still not normal :( ) and then while on crutches from that I fall down outside the house and now yesterday I'm out back playing with the silly dog and I fall down again! The whole left side of my body totally wiped out on the cement! I'm scrapped up on my hand, elbow, leg and go figure, my bad ankle! UGH! I don't have any scratches on my hip but I'm developing a HUGE bruise there! That is what hurt the most was my hip, thought I broke it at one point!
I LOVE New York but I'm thinking for some crazy reason New York doesn't love me!!! LOL I think I'll have to stay inside or have someone walking with me at all times this winter otherwise I might really end up Breaking a Hip! LOL

Okay so now onto more fun things! We headed into NYC (via the train @ Garrison again). Once in at Grand Central we stopped for breakfast (which was okay with okay service) and then heading out walking to the Empire State Building. We got our tickets and headed up! The Elevator was COOL and shot right up without making any stops from the Second Floor to the 80th Floor! It was neat because it didn't show each floor on the numbers as it went up or down, it went by every 10 floors! LOL Once at 80 we had to exit to another elevator to the 86th floor which is the Obseratory! That was really neat walking around outside seeing all of that! We then went up to the 102nd floor! That was SUPER Cool! You are completely inside and looking through glass up there though! We could see the "tiny" Statue of Liberty from there! LOL Got to view a lot of Jersey from up there as well but I still don't like Jersey and their crazy detors and tolls! LOL

When we were done we headed off to FAO Swarz! Well we ended up talking the LONG way there (okay, I got us turned around, TWICE) but we finally found it! Of course we were all complaining at this point about feets, knees, ankle hurting! LOL Went through FAO and had a good time checking out all the cool toys but alas, Miss Paxton just couldn't decide on a toy so we left :( Ended up in a cab this time (which btw was a GREAT driver!!! I wasn't scared at all like last time!) and went into Times Square. We walked a little bit and stopped for lunch across from the M&M Place!

OMG We had the WORST service!! Walk in, they say, 3? Yes we say and then tell us, Go Sit Upstairs. Okay, no taking us up, nothing. When we get up stairs we go towards a back booth so we can see outside and we walk past a waiter who says, Yeah sit anywhere! So we sit and we wait, and we wait and we wait! Finally almost (I swear it was this long, but Shanes says it wasn't) 20 minutes later we get menus. Then it was at least another 15 before he comes back to take our drink order. Finally we get drinks and order our food. We wait another 20 minutes (mind you without the waiter ever checking on us) and finally get our food which my burger was bleeding :( We finally get his attention and send my food back and OMG it comes back out in like 3 mintues!! WOOHOO Faster service! YAY! FINALLY! Oh and how can I forget, this place was OUTRAGOUSLY priced!!! I'm talking $20 for a freaking Cheese Pizza for the kid!!! It was NUTS!

So then we head over to the M&M place and let Shane check it all out! It was neat to go in there again!

Then it's back to the train for us! Which, btw I found Grand Central with NO PROBLEM at all! YAY ME! Of course we stop and get cupcakes before getting on the train! hehe

We get home, let the dog out and change clothes and head out to dinner. I say I want Mexican food and Shane remembers seeing a place in Monroe. We go, it's not Mexican, go figure we're in NY, it's Italian! Okay, I can deal. It's a neat place! Its a house thats been turned into a resturant! Go figure, we sit and wait and wait and wait! I know it's busy but I'm watching people get sat after us, order and GET their food before we order??? WTF?? Finally our waiter takes our order and seriously looks annoyed that I'm asking him questions? Isn't that your JOB dude! Other bring out our food (which was Good, I ate it!!) and yet others clear our food. Didn't see the waiter again until he gave us the bill! RUDE!

It was just a crazy day for service! I have always expected a lot out of people who work in some form of Customer Service and yesterday didn't!! I have had moments here in NY but most places have been pretty good! Shoot, out of all the places we went yesterday I think the best Customer Service we got was at WalMart at the end of the night in Monroe! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment